Bear watching program
- One night bear watching close to the Russian border
- Half-day visit in our Huskykennel
- Two full-day tours
- Canoe tour
- Half day at the lake with sauna, campfire barbecue, swimming, canoeing, fishing.
- Size of group: 2-10 persons
- 7 days, 6 nights (Sunday till Saturday)
Day by day
- day: Welcome to Nature Point Paljakka! After dinner you get first informations about Nature Point and your stay. After dinner the long summer night is inviting you to a late evening walk in nature.
- day: We go for a full-day tour in the forest of Paljakka, one of the oldest finnish spruce forests. At lunchtime we make a fire in Metla-kota (barbecue hut) and eat our lunch. (5h)
- day: In the morning we visit the Husky kennel. We meet Alaskan and Siberian Huskies, see how they live, are told about dog sledding races and help feeding the dogs. After lunch at Nature Point we start to the bear watching hut close to the Russian border (2h drive). In the hut we can watch brown bears from afternoon until the next morning. If we’re lucky we can see a mother bear with her cubs. If you get tired during the night you can sleep in the hut (they have beds and sleeping bags in the hut).
- Day: After breakfast we drive back to Nature Point. After a small rest we go by car to one of Finlands lakes, the Iso Särkijärvi. We light up a fire and grill some sausages. After lunch we can use our traditional sauna, go swimming, fishing or canoeing.
- day: Today we go hiking in the nature reserve Latvasuo (a swamp). If we are lucky we can pick some cloudberries or cranberries. We have lunch at the Joutsensuokota (wilderness hut). (4h)
- day: Today is our canoe-day. Depending in the conditions we go on the small river Latvajoki or on the lake Löytöjärvi.
- day: Breakfast, transfer to Kajaani
Bear watching needs minimum 2 guests.
Depending on weather conditions or the group it can be necessary to change parts of the program.
Nature point Paljakka
+358 40 58 36 817