Bear watching program
- One night bear watching close to the Russian border
- Half-day tour in a swamp (2h)
- One full day tour (4-5h)
- Half day tour at waterfall Hepoköngäs
- Canoe tour
- Half day at the lake with sauna, campfire barbecue, swimming, canoeing, fishing.
- All tours are guided
- Size of group: 2-10 persons
- 7 days, 6 nights (Sunday – Saturday)
Day by day
- day: Welcome to Nature Point Paljakka! After dinner you get first informations about Nature Point and your stay. After dinner the long summer night is inviting you to a late evening walk in nature.
- day: We go for a full-day tour in the forest of Paljakka, one of the oldest Finnish spruce forests. At lunchtime we make a fire in Metla-kota (barbecue hut) and eat our lunch. (duration 4-5h)
- day: In the morning we’ll make a hike in a swamp. If we are lucky we can pick some cloud berries or cranberries. After lunch at Nature Point we start to the bear watching hut close to the Russian border (2h drive). In the hut we can watch brown bears from afternoon until the next morning. If we’re lucky we can see a mother bear with her cubs. If you get tired during the night you can sleep in the hut (they have beds and sleeping bags in the hut).
- Day: After breakfast we drive back to Nature Point. After a small rest we go by car to one of Finlands lakes, the Iso Särkijärvi. We light up a fire and grill some sausages. After lunch we can use our traditional sauna, go swimming, fishing or canoeing.
- day: Today we’ll visit one of Finlands highest waterfall Hepoköngäs (24m high). Hepoköngäs is nominated number 1 trip destination of the year 2022 in Finland. We will drive 40min with the car there and then we’ll make a 3km walk around the waterfall in a old spruce forest. We’ll eat lunch on the top of the waterfall.
- day: Today is our canoe-day. Depending in the conditions we go on the small river Latvajoki or on the lake Löytöjärvi.
- day: Breakfast, transfer to Kajaani
Bear watching needs minimum 2 guests.
Depending on weather conditions or the group it can be necessary to change parts of the program.
Included in the price
- Full board (incl. coffee, tea, hot chocolate, juice, water)
- Booked program (guided tours)
- Transfers from and to Kajaani (please ask for the times, extra transfers can be organized for an extra fee)
- Daily sauna
- Equipment: rubber boots
- For free use: bike, canoe, rowboat, kayak, SUP board
Nature point Paljakka
+358 40 58 36 817