RIDING AND DOG SLEDDING
Riding and dog sledding
- Three horse riding tours
- One tour with a dog sled
- One guided snow shoe tour
- One lunch in a barbecue hut (kota)
- Day at the lake with sauna, ice bathing, ice fishing, campfire barbecue
- Size of group: 1-3 persons
- 7 days, 6 nights (Sunday till Saturday)
Day by day
- day: Welcome to Nature Point Paljakka. After dinner you get the first informations about your week. Later the cold winter evening invites you to a walk.
- day: After breakfast you are introduced to dog sledding. Then we get the dogs dressed together and attach them to the sleds. When everybody is ready we start our first tour (ca 16 km). After the tour we take care and feed the dogs together before we eat lunch at Nature Point. In the afternoon you have time for discovering nature on your own.
- day: After breakfast you meet our Icelandic horses. After brushing and preparing we start our first ride in the deeply snow covered nature (1h). After the tour we go by car to a kota (finnish barbecue hut) and eat lunch. After lunch our guide takes you on a snow shoe tour through the forest back home.
- day: Our second ride takes us to the top of the hill “Latvavaara” (1,5h). After lunch at Nature Point you can go for example on a tour with a kick sled.
- day: Today we ride to the old forest on the hill “Paljakkavaara” (2h). After lunch at Nature Point you can go for example cross country skiing (the track starts behind our house).
- day: Today our guide take you on a snow shoe tour to lake “Iso Särkijärvi” (3,5 km). You have a campfire barbecue and can use our traditional sauna, try a bath in an ice hole and try ice fishing.
- day: After breakfast and a last visit at the horses’ and dogs’ we bring you to the airport.
Changes because of the weather or the group can become necessary.
Price: from 1368,-€
Included in the price
- Full board (incl. coffee, tea, hot chocolate, juice, water)
- Booked program
- Transfers from and to Kajaani (please ask for the times, extra transfers can be organized for an extra fee)
- Daily sauna
- Equipment: winter boots, warm pants and jackets, gloves for dog sledding, fleece mittens for riding, helmet
- For free use: snow shoes, kick sleds, forest skis, cross country skis (classic and skating), sleds
Nature point Paljakka
+358 40 58 36 817