Riding program – on the way to the numerous Finnish lakes
- One ride (1h)
- Three longer tours with lunch (riding time about 3h)
- Half-day visit of our Huskykennel
- Canoe tour
- Size of group: 1-3 persons
- 7 days, 6 nights (Sunday till Saturday)
Day by day
- day: Welcome to Nature Point Paljakka! After dinner you get first informations about Nature Point and the stay, later the long summer night invites to a late evening walk in nature.
- day: In the morning we visit the Husky kennel. We meet Alaskan and Siberian Huskies, see how they live, are told about dog sledding races and help feeding the dogs. After lunch at Nature Point we meet the horses, brush and prepare them together. Then we start our first ride (1h) where we will meet the creek Löytöjoki several times.
- day: We use endlos and beautiful sandy little roads to ride through the Kangasmetsä, a pine forest with sandy ground. We eat our lunch at lake Prokromi which has extremely clear water. Our way back leads us again over the beautiful sandy little roads.
- day: Today we ride to lake Iso Särkijärvi. We take once more the sandy roads through Kangasmetsä until we arrive the lake after two hours. There we bring our horses into a paddock and prepare our sausages for lunch at a campfire. After a rest we ride back on the old road to our village Latva (1h). After taking care of the horses we go back to the lake by bike or by car for using the traditional sauna and swimming.
- day: We go for a longer tour again. First we ride up the hill Latvavaara where we have a great view. Then we take a small path through the forest to lake Löytöjärvi where we bring the horses to the paddock and eat lunch close to the lake. The way back leads us over hilly little roads back to Nature Point (3h).
- day: Today is our canoe-day. Depending on the conditions we go on the small river Latvajoki or on the lake Löytöjärvi. Our lunch we eat at a kota.
- day: After breakfast and a last cuddle for horses and dogs we start to Kajaani.
Depending on weather conditions or the group it can be necessary to change parts of the program.
Included in the price
- Full board (incl. coffee, tea, hot chocolate, juice, water)
- Booked program
- Transfers from and to Kajaani (please ask for the times, extra transfers can be organized for an extra fee)
- Daily sauna
- Equipment: helmet, rubber boots
- For free use: bike, canoe, kayak, row boat, SUP board
Nature point Paljakka
+358 40 58 36 817